Saturday, February 9, 2008

Nope, no pictures yet

Still no pictures, I know. I should be able to get the disc from Jon & Amanda today so I might even be able to put some up this afternoon, depending on the way the day goes. But I wanted to report that the fine people (or more appropriately fine person, Pete) at United came through for me and while he wasn't able to track down specifically my camera with my pictures, I did get A camera exactly like mine, back. Just with an empty memory card. So sad, but at least I will have the pictures our travelmates took to preserve a few memories.
I also yesterday, very sadly finally washed and put back in storage my summer clothes that I took on the trip. I know your all thinking "It took you a week? I thought you claimed to be a clean freak?"
1. Do not mistake "clean" for "organized". While my house is usually very clean, don't look in the closets or under the bed. :)
2. My washing machine broke 2 days before we left. (Of course perfect timing as usual!) So I ran to laundromat, the only non-scummy one I could find the day before to get everything in order. We only just repalced it on Wednesday.
Anyway, I very sadly tucked away my swim suits and cover ups and ended up sending a bunch of them to the Goodwill pile because after we got on the boat I discovered many of them were now too big. A good problem to have in my opinion! At any rate I won't be needing them anytime soon. For those of far away, we have had a record snowfall this year and the piles probably won't melt off untill August! We are currently at something like 142 inches for the year so far and it's only Feb. The previous record was 126 inches for the year set in 1915. They actually canceled several days of school while we were gone, and they NEVER do that!!! So needless to say our little break in the sun was well timed!
Anyway that's all I've got for now! I will post those pictures as soon as I can get them!

1 comments:

Nicole said...

I wish I had something to give to Goodwill because it was "too small" Luckeee!! I am excited to see some pictures!