Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The strangest noise

My day started fairly early this morning as Chase who is 9 was too excited to sleep. Today is the first day of school and my kids are still young enough that they like school. That being said I still had to drag Davin out of bed. He is NOT a morning person! It's also Tuesday, and being the wierdo I am, I ALWAYS clean on Tuesday mornings. Don't ask me why Tuesday, I don't know. That's just the day I clean. Now, it being the first day of school, I had to take a break from the cleaning, get myself cleaned up a bit and get my boys settled in thier new classes. (I didn't take time to shower, but I did my hair and makeup so I wouldn't be the "frumpy Mom" who shows up to her kids class in her sweats.)I promptly went home and put my pj's BACK on to finish my cleaning. I cleaned EVERYTHING! I even took the time to wipe down the baseboards.Mind you I still had Bridger's "helping" to contend with, but I was suprised how fast it went. Bridger needed lunch right after I finished so as he was eating I folded ALL the laundry! Then I put it away! (This is a rare occurance at my house as there is nothing I despise more than folding and putting away laundry. Thus I procrastinate untill the laundry takes over the house and I have no choice but to do it, or move.) Shortly there after he went down for nap. I looked at the clock and realized I had time to take an actual BATH!!! Once I turned off the water I heard the strangest noise, one I haven't heard in months! SILENCE!!! Sweet blessed silence! I even removed the remnants of the nail polish I put on two and a half months ago. (The last time I was alone!) I keep thinking of all the things I should hurry and do when a wonderful thought intervenes. I get 5 days a week like this for the next nine months! I don't have to hurry! Don't get me wrong, I know I have the best kids ever. And I also know come June next year I will be thrilled to have them out of school. But for now, this feels like total and complete bliss! So now I sit here with no noise other than the clacking of the keys on the keyboard and the gentle hum of the computer and try to decide how to spend the last half hour of my quiet time. I think I'll take a nap.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey Allie!
I got to your blog from Grandma's! I can't believe how BIG your kids are getting! They are adorable! I'm looking forward to reading your blog and seeing what you guys are up to!

Mikelle said...

Allie and Brandon
We also just got your blog address from Grandma I am glad your family is doing so well and how big they have gotten. It seems like forever ago that we use to have those cousin diners in Provo.
Chris