Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Orlando...

Ok so Brandon and I just got back from a 5/6 day stint in Orlando. (5 days for me, 6 for him) We had to go down to do a trade show there with my family so we decided to go a few days early and see the sights. Brandon had been there when he was really young and I had never been. So we thought it would be a fun new excpierence. We had a GREAT time! However I must say I'm a Disneyland kind of girl rather than Disneyworld. There were a lot of fun things about Disneyworld, but it just wasn't as "magical" as Disneyland is. We spent all day Friday doing the Disneyworld thing. On Saturday, we decided to try an airboat tour in a swamppy area. This was an interesting excpierence. I've never really thought of Florida as "The South" although it is the southern most state in North America. When you think of the South you think, Louisianna, Georgia etc.. However we had a very southern excpierence. It was like a seen out of a movie where "the yanks" came down to the south and were shocked! We ate alligator (which I don't really reccomend) and were attacked by love bugs in swarms. But we had fun anyway. We also drove out to the Gulf Coast on Saturday, and that was my favorite part of the trip. The water was sooo warm and we ended up buying bathing suits to go swimming since we hadn't planned on it and so hadn't brought our own. Anyway I'll add a few pics of our trip later but there aren't very many so....

3 comments:

Andy and Yolanda said...

Next time we're all in CA at the same time we should all head on over to Disneyland. I love that place:)

Sam, Melissa, and Kayla said...

Hey you guys! This is Cousin Sam! I can't believe you guys were here and we didn't hook up! We moved out here back in july and we absolutely love it! The summer was so bleedin' hot , but now it is gorgeous! Before Melissa and I got married, we'd come up here a few times each year and the rest of the year is quite pleasant. I know you guys get this a lot, but the wife said that your new house is beautiful. Melissa said if you cut us a sweet deal on a new house, we'll move up there with you guys. We hear it's nice up there..

MommyMert said...

Tim was there while you were there. I guess all the fun times were in Florida that weekend. Sheesh! :) Miss ya, xo.